Chapter 1 General Regulations
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of the present this Mmanual shall is be to stipulate the necessary relevant details regarding the operation and management of the Multifunctional Mixed-use Support Facilities, one of the types of affiliated facilities according to Article 7 of the University Regulations of the University of Science and Technology (hereafter referred to as “UST”).
Article 2 (Definitions)
The definitions of the terms used in this Manual shall are be established as followsaccording to the following items.
- 1. “Multifunctional Mixed-use Support Facilities” shall refers to student dormitories and the buildings, land, and affiliated facilities used for education and research exchanges, among the facilities directly operated by the UST headquarters (including commissioned operation).
- 2. “Student” shall refers to enrolled students at UST.
- 3. “Student Resident” shall refers to UST students who are residing in the school dormitories.
- 4. “Dormitory Residential Assistant” shall refers to Student Residents who have been selected to work at in the dormitories, with duties processing tasks such as collecting Student Residents’ opinions, providing guidance, and receiving and handling complaints.
- 5. “Related Personnel” shall refers to outsiders and visitors using the dormitories for a designated period of time for the purposes of education, research, or cooperation.
- 6. “Resident” refers to Student Residents and Related Personnel who are using the dormitories.
Article 3 (Scope of Application)
As long as there is are no special restrictions stipulated by other university regulations that intervene in the dormitory life of Residents, this Manual shall be applicable to in all instances.
Article 4 (Management and& Supervision)
Multifunctional Mixed-use Support Facilities (hereafter referred to as “Dormitoriesy”) shall be overseen, managed, and supervised by the head of the higher division of the department in charge of dormitory operations (hereafter referred to as “Head of the Higher Division”) upon the order of the President.
Article 5 (Conditions of Residency Entry)
In It shall be the principle, that the entry into Dormitoriesy and the use of facilities for education and research exchanges are permitted to students and faculty of UST. However, in uses cases that are pursued for correspond to the purposes of education, research, or cooperation and that do not interfere with the management, the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division shall be allowed to permit the use of the necessary facilities for a certain specified duration of time.
Article 6 (Autonomous Activity of Student Residents)
- ① Student Residents may conduct autonomous activities to promote for harmonious living, the development of a community spirit, and truth-searching, and cultural development.
- ② The Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division may permit or support the autonomous activities of student residents to collect for the collection of Student Resident opinions and to promote the smooth for the good operation functioning of autonomous activities.
Article 7 (Dormitory Living Regulations)
The Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division shall be allowed to enact and implement the D“Dormitory LLiving RRegulations” that all residents must abide by to promote for the orderly communal life in the Dormitory.
Chapter 2 Organization
Article 8 (Composition and Administrative Department)
The primary department of the operation and management of the Dormitoriesy shall be the department in charge of Dormitory operations.
Article 9 (Dormitory Residential Assistant)
- ① Dormitoriesy may have Residential Assistants (“RA”) in order to provide guidance to Student Residents and to improve inconvenient aspects elements of the Dormitoriesy.
- ② Dormitory Residential Assistants may receive work-study scholarships of a designated amount.
- ③ The qualification requirements, management, and work-study scholarships of Dormitory Residential Assistants, as well as any other related efactorslements, shall be separately decided by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Chapter 3 Dormitory Operating Committee
Article 10 (Establishment)
A Dormitory Operating Committee (hereafter referred to as “the Committee”) may be established in order to deliberate about important factors elements in the operation of the Dormitoriesy.
Article 11 (Composition)
- ① The Committee shall be composed of less than seven members, including the chairperson.
- ② The chairperson of the Committee shall be the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division and the ex officio members shall be the Dormitory management department head and the Dormitory autonomous council head. If additional members to the Committee are needed, they will be appointed by the President upon the recommendation of the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
- ③ The Committee shall have an assistant administrator, and the department in charge of the Dormitoriesy shall be responsible for the assistant administrator.
Article 12 (Function)
The Committee shall deliberate over the following matters.
- 1. Matters related to the enactment, and implementation, and enforcement, and repeal of elements of the “Multifunctional Mixed-use Support Facilities Operation Manual” and the “Dormitory Living Regulations”.
- 2. Matters related to the Dormitory entry and termination standards
- 3. Matters related to the standards for Dormitory usage cost imposition and expenses paid by Residents
- 4. Matters related to rewards (points, prizes) and disciplinary action for Student Residents (forced termination and restricted entry, or deferment of forced termination and restricted entry, etc.)
- 5. Other matters deemed necessary by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division
Article 13 (Meetings)
- ① Meetings shall be convened by the chairperson as deemed necessary, and votes shall require the attendance of the majority of enrolled members and the consent of a majority of attending members.
- ② The chairperson shall serve as the speaker of the meeting, and in the absence of the chairperson, the designated member shall serve the role as a proxy.
Chapter 4 Residency Entry and Termination
Article 14 (Entry Period and Order of Priority)
- ① The Dormitory entry period and order of priority of Student Residents shall be established by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
- ② The entry decision and period for Related Personnel shall be reviewed based on the application submitted by the affiliated requesting department, and the decision shall be made by the approval of the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 15 (Entry Restrictions)
① Persons The following people who are applicable to one of the following items cannot may not reside in the Dormitoriesy, and the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division shall immediately forcibly terminate make a forced termination disposition or cancel their entryresidence:.
1. A sStudents who is receiving receive disciplinary action of greater than suspension in following the University Regulations;
2. A person People who are restricted from residence in the Dormitories has restrictions for entry due to the a decision of the Committee;
3. A person People with a contagious disease or a the carriers of a contagious diseases;
4. A person People who has have already had their residency forcibly terminated received a forced termination disposition or who has have a history of terminating their residency without permission;
5. A person People who has have committed an act of impropriety in their Dormitory application and usage;
6. A person People who is are taking a leave of absence from school;
7. A person People whose conduct is problematic;
8. People A person who has have not completed the payment for the Dormitory expenses;
9. A person People who has have not submitted required documents required for residency entryresidency; and
10. A person People who the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division deems inappropriate for communal leaving living due to reasons other than those specified the above items.
- ② Despite the stipulation in Clause 1, those people who have received an exception the permission from of the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division regarding matters that would otherwise disqualify them from residency, except for those listed in Clause 1 Items 1, Item 2, and Item ？3 may reside enter residency in the Dormitoriesy.
Article 16 (Entry Permission)
- ① Students seeking to reside in the Dormitoriesy must submit their Dormitory application during the designated period.
- ② In the case that the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the Dormitoriesy, the Student Residents shall be selected decided according to the entry order of residency priority.
- ③ The Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division shall evaluate the Dormitory applications and provide residency guidelines for residency entry permission to the approved students.
- ④ In the case in which an approved student does not begin residing enter in the Dormitories y by the end of the Dormitory entry entry completion completion date, the student’s approval may be revoked. However, the Dormitory entry entry completion period may be extended by 15 days if the student provides an appropriate reason for why they cannot begin residing in the Dormitories on time one week before the original entry residency completion date and such reason receives the approval from the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 17 (Submission of Medical Reports and Entry Registration)
- ① Students who receive Dormitory entry residency approval must complete the entry registration by submitting medical reports of for the specified year shown issued by a medical institution along with all documents related to Dormitory entry residency (Residency Agreement, etc.) by the Dormitory entry entry completion date.
- ② Details regarding the submission of the medical reports and documents related to residency shall be separately stipulated by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 18 Room Assignment and Change
- ① Each room shall be assigned at the beginning of each regular semester.
- ② Despite the stipulation in Clause 1, rooms may be reassigned during residency when necessary due to building extensions or reconstruction, changes in the capacity of persons, changes in operations policies, etc. However, such in this case, the reassignment shall occur through a negotiations of schedule between with residents living in the relevant rooms.
- ③ Residents cannot change rooms at their discretion. However, in the case that they want to change rooms due to inevitable unavoidable reasons, they must submit a room change request to the Dormitory operation department and receive the approval from the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 19 (Operating Period)
The Dormitoryies shall be operated during the regular semesters. However, the operating period may be changed or the Dormitoriesy may be closed in accordance with the operations policies.
Article 20 (Residency Termination and Duty of Expense Settlement)
- ① When Residents whose the termination of residency is has been terminated because their decided for Residents due to reasons of entry period has expired expiring or any other reasonoccurrence of reasons for entry restriction, the Resident must undergo the termination process and leave the Dormitoriesy by the designated residency expiration date.
- ② Personal belongings that have been left in the Dormitory by the designated time on the date of residency termination may be disposed of in accordance with a separate regulations established by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
- ③ The Residents must settle their Dormitory expenses at the time of residency termination. The appropriate department heads may be requested to place restrictions on those For persons who have terminated their residency without fulfilling their duties of expense settlement duty,. Those restrictions include, but are not limited to, restrictions such as residency entry restriction, restriction of on certificate issuance, and leave of absence and graduation restrictions may be requested to the appropriate head of department.
Article 21 (Arbitrary Usage after Residency Period and Unauthorized Users)
- ① For the cost of the time that Student Residents who arbitrarily use the Dormitoriesy after the expiration of the residency period, such Student Residents shall be charged with fees applicable to Related Personnel.
- ② Those who make For the cost of unauthorized use of the Dormitoriesy, the persons shall be charged twice the amount charged of fees applicable to Related Personnel and shall be removed from the Dormitoriesy immediately. In particular, iIf the unauthorized user or the person that allowed the unauthorized usage is a sStudent of the University, the said sStudent may be restricted from residing in the Dormitoriesy.
Article 22 (Resident Terms of Compliance and Disciplinary Actions)
- ① Dormitory Residents must complete the necessary education programs designated by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division, including sexual harassment prevention and disaster and emergency instructiontraining,; abide by the Dormitory Living Regulations,; and put in their best efforts to maintain the academic atmosphere within the Dormitory; and as well as to put in their best efforts to maintain Dormitory the facilities and supplies at the Dormitory. In the case that this Cclause is violated, the applicable violator Residents may be given penalty points.
- ② Reward points and penalty points shall count towards the disciplinary point total be managed in accumulation for one year beginning on the date of the occurrence of the event incurring the points,. and the dDetails regarding reward points and penalty points are given in shall follow the Dormitory Living Regulations.
Chapter 5 Facilities and Safety Control
Article 23 (Maintenance and& Management of Facilities)
- ① UST shall be in charge of the overall maintenance and management of community facilities, household furniture, equipment (hereafter referred to as “facilities, etc.”), etc. (hereafter referred to as “facilities, etc.”). However, in the case in which costs arise to replace of exchange or repair occurs for damaged facilities, etc. due to the intention or negligence of the user, the user shall be responsible for the cost.
- ② Dormitory Residents must put in their best their effortss to maintain the facilities, etc. in their best state top condition by immediately requesting reporting for repairs, etc. or taking other corrective action when they discover damaged or broken facilities, etc.
Article 24 (Safety and Health Control)
Residents must always be mindful so that safety accidents, such as fires, explosions, collapses, etc., and health accidents, such as outbreaks an occurrence of a contagious diseases, etc., do not occur. Those who become In the case that such incidents occur or one becomes aware of the danger of such incidents occurring, one must immediately report to the emergency contact in the Dormitory operations department.
Article 25 (Theft and Property Loss Precaution Prevention and Responsibility)
Residents must put in their best efforts to prevent property theft and loss,. and the Residents shall be responsible for incidents that occur due to their negligence, of the Resident such as neglecting personal belongings in communal spaces.
Chapter 6 Financial Affairs
Article 26 (Expense Payments)
- ① Residents shall be responsible for the expenses necessary for Dormitory living in addition to the expenses provided to facilitate as an aid for the Dormitory operations in accordance with the user charge principle.
- ② For water, heat, and electricity costs and the for the costs of of exchanginge and repairing for damaged facilities, etc. necessary for living in the Dormitoriesy, the Residents shall follow the decisions made separately by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 27 (Dormitory Expenses)
- ① Dormitory expenses shall be decided by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division after undergoing the deliberation of by the Committee.
- ② Students who have received the residency permission for residency entry must complete the payment of the Dormitory expenses by the end of the announced period. However, students may make such payments in another designated period in the case that they have a student received an approval from the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division to do so due to inevitable unavoidable reasons, the student may make the payment in the additionally designated period.
- ③ In the case in which a student terminates their residency due to reasons of a leave of absence, etc., the such students shall be refunded for the their Dormitory expenses based on the calculations of the number of days during which they used daily use of the Dormitoriesy. However, no refunds shall be made for students who leave the Dormitoriesy within 7 seven days before the end of the official residency termination date.
- ④ In the case of usage of the Dormitoryies for special purposes or circumstances, such as usage for broader UST’s common purposes, with the approval of the President, the Dormitory fees may be waived with the approval of the President.
- ⑤ The usage fees for Related Personnel shall be separately stipulated by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
Article 28 (Use of Dormitory Expenses)
- ① Dormitory expenses shall be used to pay for as the costs needed of operating for the operation of the Dormitoriesy.
- ② In the case in which there is a remaining balance of occurs in the Dormitory expenses, such the remaining balance may be used for Dormitory environmental improvement, scholarships, or welfare programs for Student Residents.
Article 29 (Budget and Settlement)
- ① The business year of the Dormitory shall follow the fiscal year of UST.
- ② The Head of higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division must draft the a business plan and budget sheet for the Dormitoriesy before the beginning of every business year and report them to the President.
- ③ The Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division must draft a balance sheet for the Dormitoriesy after the end of every business year and report them it to the President.
Chapter 7 Supplementary Regulations
Article 30 (Welfare for People with Disabilities)
The Dormitoryies shall fulfill the necessary conditions necessary to make for the facilities convenient for and circumstances for the convenience use of Residents with disabilities.
Article 31 (Use of Facilities for Education and Research Exchanges)
- ① Facilities such as lecture halls and seminar rooms established for the education and research exchanges within the Dormitoriesy shall be used the space has been applied for after applying for the space and receiving permission has been received for usage abiding by according to separate guidelines stipulated by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division.
- ② In the case of using facilities listed in the previous Cclause, a usage fee may be charged according to separate guidelines stipulated by the Head of Division.
Article 32 (Adaptation Standards)
Elements For details about necessary for the operation of the Dormitoriesy that are not indicated in this Manual, shall be separately stipulated by the Head of Higher DivisionHead of the Higher Division shall make separate stipulations after undergoing the deliberation of by the Committee.
Article 1 (Date of Enforcement)
This Mmanual shall be enforced from the date that it receives the approval from the President.
Article 2 (Interim Measures)
Factors Actions taken executed before the enforcement of this Mmanual shall be interpreted as having been made in compliance with seen as being founded upon by this Mmanual.